Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Auntie Em!!


Last night was a night! We had a line of storms come through with some serious winds. This is what I saw this morning on my way to work. Down power lines, broken trees and limbs everywhere, just a big mess. This picture was taken right by the driveway at work (you can click on photo to enlarge). As you can see, there's a car sitting on top of this pile of trees - unreal! The police had re-routed me and when I came in from another angle, the police stopped me again. He let me go this far so I could check on the office. Luckily, no damage there - just no power. About 50,000 customers in the area are without power. So, no work for me. I'm back home and will spend the day stitching and thanking the dear Lord that the damage wasn't any worse than this. I have power and only debris in my yard. I'm a very lucky girl, indeed!

Coming soon......an updated photo of Quaker Diamonds.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Goodness, Yvonne....looks like it indeed wreaked some havoc down your way! SO glad to read all is okay with your home and that you are safe and sound!

Got registration yesterday, woohoo!!!

Faye said...

So glad you were spared!! I thought about you when I heard all the GA talk about being hit!!! So far so good here in the Carolinas and I am in NC now....All I see is the dreaded pollen here!! Are you headed to The Masters this week??? Hope so!! Enjoy, Faye

Unknown said...

We had some serious wind here, but I didn't see any damage on my way to work. I think it was worse further south in KY. Glad you are okay!

Anonymous said...

No damage for us here in Atlanta either. Praise the Lord!

Nan said...

Holy Cow! I'm glad that you didn't have any damage and I hope you put the day off to good use.