Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sneaky Peek - Christmas Ornament


I know you are probably saying to yourself, "it is just now really starting to feel like spring and she's stitching a Christmas ornament???". Well, in June, I am attending a stitching retreat in Indiana with two great friends and I CAN'T WAIT! Jan Alexander, the designer for Tree of Life Samplings is hosting this great event with her special guest, Vonna Pfeiffer (The Twisted Stitcher). It's going to be a fun weekend and I'm already giddy with excitement.

One of the events planned for the weekend is a Christmas ornament exchange. I love stitching ornaments and I love seeing all of the different creations stitchers come up with. This is a little "sneak peek" of the ornament I have started for the exchange. I have an idea for another one so I may bring two - maybe three - who knows - It's fun!! You'll have to wait until after the retreat to see the ornament finished and ready for tree hanging!

Have a great weekend everyone! We are expecting thunder storms again tonight. Please keep us in your prayers that we won't have any damage like we did earlier this week.

Until the next blog post........Be Happy!

9 comments:

Faye said...

Jan??, Vonna??....Oh my!! They are my heros!!! And, you are going to go to a retreat with them??? Wow...I would love to be you!!! You girls have big fun and I want to go with you next time!!! Be safe, Faye

Karen said...

Ohhh...what fun! I know y'all will have a great time. Love the brown Christmas fabric you have... can't wait to see the finished product!

happy stitching...we are hunkering down for a storm now so be safe.

Anonymous said...

Too bad I will not be one of the two girls that you are with. :( I am interested to see what you have chosen as your project.

Love!

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice sneak peak! And I am looking forward to meeting you at Jan's Retreat in June!

Robin in Virginia

Nan said...

Well great.....you just reminded me of one more thing I need to do. Bahahahaha!
Maybe we should turn this into a SAL so we will both be ready. :0)

Nicole said...

Your retreat sounds like so much fun Yvonne! I love your ornament and fabric colors!!

Carolyn NC said...

Oh my goodness - hadn't heard about that retreat. I love both of them! Think I'm feeling envious... :)Have fun and enjoy!

Carolyn NC said...

Yvonne, What was the name of that old Prairie School Alphabet that you were stitching at Amy's stitch-in a couple of times ago? Thx.
xstitching5@yahoo.com

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like a fn retreat!! I know Jan has done them in the past (and the attendees loved them) but didn't know Vonna would join her this year. How neat!! And an ornament exchange--that sounds like a load of fun. Nice sneak peek!

I love your Quaker Diamonds!