Monday, April 25, 2011

Paradise Lost Update

Happy Monday! At least after today, there isn't another one for another week - LOL!

Not much to report on Paradise Lost. Unfortunately, we had to go out of town for a funeral for a dear friend's mother who lost her battle with leukemia. She has been a fighter all of her life - a breast cancer survivor, struggling with lupus and migraines and then leukemia. Miss Pat was one of the neighborhood "Moms" to my husband when he was a child. She kept him and the other boys in check! If she said she would "jerk a knot in your butt", she meant it! LOL! But, she is now pain-free and celebrating.

So, I didn't get as much stitching accomplished as I would have liked to but I did make some progress. I finished ALL the leaves. There are no more trees in the Garden of Eden and that in its self is reason to celebrate! I did get the flowers, the bee and the crazy flower-toting bird stitched. It's steadily coming along!

I do have a new book that I hope to start reading this week. My hairdresser recommended it and my husband finished it this week. I have already been warned, it's a tear-jerker but it's good and happy at the same time. You can see the cover on my right side bar.

Well, until we chat again......have a great week!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry about your friend's mom Yvonne.

Your Paradise Lost is looking great! Looks like you'll be done in no time!!!

Karen said...

Great job on your Paradise Lost...every little bit counts!

Hope you have a good week...happy stitching.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear another one gone to Heaven. Such a wonderful thing when someone has been going through such pain.

Your stitching is looking good!

Faye said...

You are coming right along with PL...Sorry you guys lost a good lady...Sounds like she was "old school"...I like that! Take care, Faye

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry to hear of your friend's mom. PL looks fantastic!

Julie M said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's mom. PBS

Paradise Lost is looking good! It's a big stitch!

Anonymous said...

I know how relieved you are to have all of the leave finished. Maybe next time Paulette will stitch an Eden in the Autumn just for you!

Fiona said...

Your stitching is coming along. Sorry that your friend's Mom lost her battle.

Siobhán said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom. Jerk a knot in your butt... I need to use that phrase!

Lovely progress on PL!