Monday, August 8, 2011

Life's a Beach....

....and I'm playing in the sand!

I am back from 3 fun-filled days in Myrtle Beach playing in the sand, catching waves in the ocean and relaxing in the pool. Ahhhh....such joy and bliss! The weather was absolutely perfect. Warm but not hot. Overcast at times. Water cool but not freezing. I wouldn't change a thing!

One of the highlights of the trip was the ocean, itself. The water was perfect. Very clear and not a lot of shells which makes walking in the water much easier. We had a blast playing in the water and riding the waves on our boogie boards. The currents were a little strong so of course, I got wiped-out a couple of times. One time in particular, had me laughing so hard, I couldn't get up which means I got slammed a couple more times by the crashing waves. All I could hear was Corbin saying, "Oh My God! Mommy get up!" as he was laughing but trying to "save" me too.

We enjoyed fried shrimp baskets from the Tiki Hut on the beach. We tossed around a football. Corbin chilled with his Ipod. Like I said, just a perfect getaway.

This was a vacation that was centered around the beach. So, no plans to be anywhere at any time. We did get interrupted one day with a little pop up storm. But, it came late in the day so we didn't get to miss any "action". Storms at the beach are so fascinating to me. I love to watch the clouds roll in and see how the surf becomes more forceful.

Of course, like any vacation, it ends all too quickly. I'm ready to go back! This was a great way to wrap-up summer......

Good Bye Beach - See You Soon!!!





8 comments:

Julie M said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'd love to do a beach centered vacation. Guess it would require us to actually take an actual vacation though and that has never happened!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Two trips to MB in two months- how lucky!! It looks like it must be a fun place in the summer too!

Fiona said...

Looks like you had fun.

Nan said...

Glad you had a good time. I think its sweet the your baby was trying to save you....even if he was laughing hysterically while trying to do it.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Looks like a great time and before you know it....you'll be back! :)

Karen said...

Glad you had fun! even with the waves knocking you around! :) and you will get to be there again in just two months with me! :)

Karen said...

Oh...I would so love to be at the beach right now. Glad you have good weather and a good time.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Looks like y'all had a great time - just getting warmed up for Stitching at the Beach; right? See you there in October!