Monday, July 25, 2011

Aloha!

Aloha from the Crazy Croppers at The Stamping Place Scramp-a-Thon!

I am back from a whirl-wind weekend away scrapbooking with some of my great friends. This was titled our "Aloha" crop and the ladies at The Stamping Place went all out! From the decorations to the delicious food and even a coconut bra - everything was perfect!

I arrived and got set up at around 2:00 Friday afternoon. It was BLAZING HOT so it was so nice to finally have the car unloaded and to sit down and get started on my projects but not before refreshments from the Traveling Tiki Bar came by! We had a fruity punch with fruit/cheese skewers and strawberry dip served up by Lisa. Yummy!

We scrapbooked up until midnight and was up, bright and early, the next morning ready for another fun day. Of course, we had the Traveling Tiki Bar again. This time with homemade tortilla chips with cinnamon and sugar served with mango salsa and pina coladas.
Here are just a few photos from the day:

Lisa and Nancy:

Barbara:

Cindi:

Peggy and Renee are "PRODUCING":

Judy and our scrapbooking dog, Beau Joe (I hope I haven't spelled his name wrong!):

Now, you probably think you have seen it all but we still had another day. So, after a couple hours of sleep Saturday night we came back ready to PRODUCE and.............celebrate Judy's Birthday!!

It was such a fun weekend and I can't wait for the next one. We have such a great time. Lots of laughs and lots of stories to hear and tell. Now, I'm sure you would love to see what I worked on however, I can't reveal it at this time. Soon, I promise.

Me and My Happy Self:

Happy Scrappin', Stitching or whatever makes you happy! Find happiness in making something!

Edited to add: All of the drinks mentioned and pictured in this post were non-alcoholic. A bunch of ladies with glue, tape and scissors do NOT need to be a little "tipsy"

9 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

your a stampin' stitchin' fool! :)
Looks like a LOAD of good times and fun!!!

Mouse said...

ooo you look like you had loads of fun :) the punch looks fantastic hic heheheh ... and you had a definite full weekend scrapping :) love mouse xxxx

Unknown said...

Isn't it really amazing how little sleep you need under some circumstances?? Looks like you had a great time!

Julie M said...

Looks like you had an awesome time!

Karen said...

what fun girlie! can't wait for October!!!

Faye said...

Fun, fun fun!~~ You girls were having WWWAAAAYYYY too much fun~~~ I LOVE the traveling drink idea....Yeah, right, virgin pina coladas.....?... that's just wrong.

Glad you had a blast, Faye

Karen said...

Looks like fun... will have to try join in next time. Good seeing you Saturday!

Can't wait to see all of the goodies you made.... hope you share!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Looks like your Crop In was a huge and happy success! Glad you had a good time, and ready to see all the Crop you Created!

Siobhán said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time! I miss my scrapping buddies back home.