Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Dance!

Have you ever had one of "those weeks" where you wanted to crawl into a cave and disappear? Well, I've had two of them and enough is enough!! I am so ready for the Labor Day holiday on Monday. I don't plan on doing any laboring, what so ever!

Since these weeks have caused me a bit of suffering, the only way to keep from wrapping my hands around necks was to take a needle and stab some fabric - LOL. As a result, I finished my M Design's "S". This really did finish quick and now I just have to be on the look out for a Joann's coupon so I can get it framed.

I also had the chance to finish an ornament I started earlier this year. It is a portion from the Country Cottage Needleworks pattern Snowflake Serenade. I thought it would make a really cute ornament and I liked stitching it on the sparkly linen.

Of course, when you finish a project (or two!!) you have to start something new. Normally, this time of year, I would grab a Halloween or fall project but I went straight to Christmas. That is VERY odd for me! But, I got the Lizzie Kate Santa Claus Is Coming To Town pattern in the mail last week and I've been itching to get it started. I plan to only stitch the Santa part and again, finish him into an ornament. I found a piece of "mystery" linen in my stash that is a lovely gold color and I think it's perfect! Hoping to get him started this afternoon.

Well, that's about it.....Until we chat again - Be Safe and Have Fun!


9 comments:

Jan said...

That is just beautiful, Yvonne!! A finish is just what the doctor calls for, or should, when stress hits. Hope the weekend and the following week is better to you!

Love your little ornament finish too!

Berit said...

I also would be straight to Halloween Autumn around this time (or a month earlier) but I went to Christmas Ornaments and have stayed there (I am sneaking in a bit of Kindred Spirits and an autumn ornament here and there but it is all about Christmas.)

So strange as I normally can't abide Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving. Maybe I am finally in the zone for my goal of an ornament for every year Marc and I have been together (2005 would be the first, and I have only stitched and finished 2009. 2010 is stitched, and of the handful I have done about half are thematically suitable to be "dedicated" to those intervening years!

I know those weeks (I had one of those days yesterday)! Great finishes and keep on keeping on!

Michele said...

S turned out lovely! congrats on the finish :) love your little snowman ornament too :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I LOVE your M Designs "S"...beautiful! And your little Frosty :)
I headed for Winter too with L*K "6 Fat Men" now if I could just eek out a moments time to stitch! :)

Fiona said...

Love your 'S' and your little snowman. The colours for your next design looks great.

Karen said...

Very nice Yvonne! Can't wait to get the new LK stuff.... trying so hard to resist!

hope your week is better and happy stitching....

Siobhán said...

Sweet!! Great finish--I love it! I want to stitch the letter C for the family... I keep forgetting about that. Love the ornament and your new WIP, too. Hope things get better--stitch stitch stitch that frustration out!

Blessings said...

Love, love the S, that is so pretty - I'm so glad that things are settling down for you - enjoy the weekend. Judith

Karen said...

S turned out beautiful! and the more i look at santa i am loving the colors. but snowmen come first for me. they are just colder and in this heat that's what i need. lol