Thursday, June 30, 2011

Only One Ewe - Retreat Wrap Up!

Thanks to everyone for the sweet comments. I hope you have enjoyed sharing this wonderful get away with me. Today I want to "wrap up" the retreat post with just a few little tidbits and such. In no particular order:

I have never visited a White Castle until my weekend trip to Indiana. It reminds me of Krystals that we have here in the south. A little hamburger joint with small, roll type hamburgers. The best part - they are open 24 hours and you never know when a late night or early morning munchie attack will hit ya!

I mentioned that our retreat project came kitted in a fabric portfolio. These portfolios were really nice. Perfect size, weight, etc. Loved the fabric choice I got.

Lots of projects were shared during show and tell. Here is just a sampling of what we saw - all beautiful.

And, it doesn't take long before me and my buddies start getting silly with the camera!

We had several games going on during the day. Guessing how many buttons and fibers were in jars. By the end of the day though, those numbers started running together and we had to speak slowly so Jan could crown the correct winner!

It was a fun weekend but of course, all good things must come to an end. Sunday morning came very early and the 3 of us (Karen, Diane and myself) were up and out of the hotel by 8:00 a.m. so I could catch my flight home, Unfortunately, bad weather caused the airplane to be late which causes a rippling effect the rest of the day. After missing my connecting flight by 5 minutes - I happily got the LAST standby seat for the next flight home. I do like to stitch but sitting in an airport for 5 1/2 hours for the next available flight would not have been fun for me!

Thanks again for everyone who has left comments and I do hope you have enjoyed my story. I leave you with one tidbit of advice......."What you got ain't no knick knack!!!!"

Hugs and if I don't check in before Monday, Happy July 4th to all my US friends. Even if you're not from the US, celebrate. Enjoy what you have!

10 comments:

Edgar said...

What a great synopsis of your trip - thanks!! I love me some Krystal's and get them whenever I visit South.

Siobhán said...

What a super fun trip and retreat! It looks like you had an absolute blast. I'm so glad. :)

Michele said...

What a great time! Love the portfoilo :) and the box project rocked!

Soooo glad you had a great time!

Kathy said...

I just loved your retreat posts.I know I hadn't had that much fun in a long time.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well goodness gracious, I want to eat at White Castle now :)
And I stole the picture of you and me...I'm gonna put that on my blog sidebar, we look so doggone cute ;o)
Love ya girl!

Faye said...

All that stitching and cutting up sure do did give you the munchies!!hahahaha....great fun, fellowship and memories for you guys!! Happy 4th of July and do be safe~~ Faye

Judy said...

Enjoyed all of your retreat posts - sounds like so much fun! Love Jan's designs and Vonna's finishing! You did an excellent job of sharing your trip with your readers, thank you.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Glad you got home safely without the 5+ hour delay! Have a Happy 4th!

Nan said...

♫ ♫ Memories ♫ ♫

Karen said...

gotta love white castle at 10pm. LOl it was sooo yummy! and OMG so funny! what a blast the weekend with you was! can't wait til spring!!!!!