Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tales from the Q-Snap

Hello Friends. Thought I would pop in with an update on my newest project. After pondering over a couple of projects from my last post, I decided on something totally different.....
It is Quaker Diamonds by Rosewood Manor. I got this chart last year and decided, on a whim, to convert the threads it is charted for to DMC. After a quick run to Hobby Lobby for those threads, I got busy stitching away. I am loving this project! I'm using a "mystery" linen that is hand dyed in neutral/natural tones. I can't wait to get this one stitched and framed. Already have the spot on the wall picked out.

Thanks for looking and Happy St. Patrick's Day too!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is very pretty - your conversion looks perfect. I think I may have to look at some of the Rosewood Manor charts.....

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great choice! I have that one, but it is still deep in the drawer... Maybe you will entice it to come out! Missed seeing you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the Yvonne color conversion! Can't wait to see the piece up close.

Karen said...

Very nice....always loved this design and I can't wait to see yours come to life.

happy stitching.....

DonnaSews said...

Very pretty sampler, I love those earth tones. Enjoy!!

Polly said...

Very pretty. Can't wait to see it finished.

Nicole said...

Beautiful start Yvonne!! I love this sampler! :)

Siobhán said...

Lovely colors in that design! Nice progress.

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely progress!