Monday, May 23, 2011

A Finish and Soon-to-be-Start

Happy Monday Everyone! I want to share a finish with you....this is Stitch Together by Tree of Life SamplingsThis design was stitched with GAST Freedom on an exclusively hand dyed piece of linen from Tree of Life Samplings. I'm not quite sure if the color is Caramel Frappe or Espresso Bean but it is lovely!! It has the perfect brown tones that I have not been able to find in linen. Not only is the color yummy, but the smell!! I could sniff this fabric all day long - LOL! All of the attendees, for the One and Only Ewe retreat next month, are stitching this design in a specially chosen thread based on their favorite color family. Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher, is going to teach us a finishing technique with our finished piece. What exactly, remains a mystery! I'm sure whatever it is, will be fantastic! I am so excited about the retreat and I can hardly wait to go.

Many of you may be familiar with Brenda Gervais' designs under the With Thy Needle and Thread company. She recently released the 1st part of a Birds of a Feather mystery sampler. I got the 1st pattern, threads and fabric and if the colors are any indication on what to expect for the next two rounds, I am in for a treat! I just love it! As soon as I get my retreat stitching done, I will get started on this one.

Well, not much else to report. This past weekend was definitely the start of summer here temperature wise. We were still in the 90's at 8:00 last night. Too hot to do anything but just hang out by the A/C. Hoping for a little cooler weather this weekend with it being the Memorial Day weekend.

Until we chat again........Hugs and Stitches!

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Adorable finish Yvonne! Can't wait to see your start on the Mystery Sampler! :)

Deborah said...

Neautiful finish.

Karen said...

How cute! Can't wait to see if finished. Am anxious to see this new mystery sampler too....

happy stitching....

Robin in Virginia said...

What a great finish! GAST's Freedom looks great on that fabric! Looking forward to seeing it in person at the retreat!

Robin in Virginia

Mouse said...

ohh that's lovely :) I can't wait to see what Vonna has in mind for the finishing :) love the colours of the new SAL too scrummy :) love mouse xxx

Berit said...

Looking so good!~ Thanks for sharing your floss toss and new finish!

Nan said...

Well.......now you've made me realize how behind I am. I best get busy stitchin'. I've got 2 ornaments finished. Yikes! The end of June is gonna sneak up on us. Can't wait!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

That's a lovely stitched piece, and can't wait to see the finish. Can you tell more about the retreat? Where? I looked at the site, but don't see it there. I'm ready to start the Mystery, too!!

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, I do Love Jan's special design for the retreat and it looks wonderful stitched in GAST Freedom on her hand dyed fabric, Yvonne! Oh, I do LOVE that fabric!

Can't wait to start on the Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler... lovely colours and the border is gorgeous!

Karen said...

looks great! I am a little more than half done with mine stitched with GAST pomegranate. :)
I need to finish up some other wips before i will buy the mystery piece but love those colors!

Siobhán said...

Adorable finish, Yvonne! How neat that Jan is hand dyeing fabric now.

The mystery sampler is going to be gorgeous!

Mama Joan said...

Yvonne,

I will give you the conversion colors for Land of the Free. Just send me your email address. Mine is in my profile.

Joan

Cathy B said...

Yvonne - I have a question for you but I can't find your email address. Could you shoot me a note please?

tadten @ msn dot com

Cathy