Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just Little O' Me

I haven't posted in a while and that is only because - I have nothing to post! I have taken a small stitching hiatus to work (finish) on my Christmas Mini Album (2010) so that hasn't left much time to stitch. This is always a really a busy time of the year for me - Corbin will soon be out of school, weekend trips to the lake, vacations and get aways, and we won't even mention year end at work!

But, I did take a little time this week to do some "sketching / designing". Now, don't get too excited. My "design" work consist of taking motifs from various patterns and coming up with my own, unique piece. I've done this a couple of times in the past and it's something I like to do. Kind of like my own round robin - LOL! Of course, I'll change it a million times but it's fun to go through my patterns and look for little motifs here and there. As soon as I have it all sketched and stitched up, I'll be sure to post a snap.

Until then......have a great one!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Yvonne! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with on your own design! It sounds great!! :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a fun idea. I've picked some small motifs to make pin pillows or fobs - something small, but have not combined them into a bigger piece. Great idea. Will be watching to see...

Berit said...

Comments on your Recent Blogs:

Love that finishing fabby you're sneak peeking with your ornament! :D

I'm swooning over your PS garden alphabet--is there anything better than a good PS!? :D

What pretty eyes Miss Cindy Lou's got! :D

How cool to be making up your own round robin! I think Karen V is doing something similar with some Bent Creek patterns she owns and it is really coming along. :D I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with. :D

Fiona said...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in your sketching/designing.