Monday, May 24, 2010

Another Ornie for the Tree


Here's another ornament cross stitch project and finish. This ornie was way out of my comfort zone. If you know me, you know I do NOT like to stitch over one. Just don't like it and just don't enjoy it.....but.....this ornament from Blackbird Designs was a joy to stitch! I think it was the fabric and it was just a scrap from my stash. I believe it's 28ct. lugana. Very soft and the evenweave took on the appearance of linen.

Finishing was a little out of my comfort zone too. Finishing techniques that involve the sewing machine make me a bit nervous but after seeing some of the great finishes other stitchers have done, I wanted to try something like that with this ornament.

I'm very pleased with the outcome! I am working on yet, another ornament. This one will be stitched in some bright (turquoise, hot pink, purple) colors - very non-traditional Christmas - but fun! Stay tuned........

5 comments:

Amy said...

That's adorable Yvonne! Now you can make another - and send it to me! ;-) LOL Can't wait to see what's next!

Carolyn NC said...

You should be happy - fantastic job! If that's out of your comfort zone, I'd hate to see how fantastic in your comfort zone is... :)

Karen said...

I was wondering the other day why you hadn't posted in so long and wondered about PL...thought I was "following" you. Discovered today that I wasn't so I had to catch up on all of you stitching!

Love the finishing on this one! Too cute. Great job on all of your finishes lately! You have been busy.

BTW....I saw Bon Jovi when he was the "opening act" for the Scorpions. No one knew who he was and I feel instantly in love with him! Who knew he would become such a star! Looks like y'all had a blast.

happy stitching...

Cathy... said...

CUTE! You're way ahead of the game! Is it Christmas in May?? LOL! Love it!

Michelle said...

Lovely stitching and finishing! I also don't like stitching over one :)