Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thread Organization


A friend was asking me last week on how I organize my overdyed threads. So, here's a picture. I use a card file box from the office supply store that has one of those metal sliders in it. I also have plastic tabbed cards that have the alphabet pre-printed on them. I just take each color of thread and put it in a plastic jewelry bag (about 4x6) and attach a label with the color name on it. I don't worry about distinguishing on the labels Weeks Dye Works, Gentle Arts, Crescent, etc. because I can easily see the thread tags inside the bags. I have been using this system for a couple of years now and it works for me. The threads don't get tangled, they stay clean and I can tell instantly if I have enough or need to order more.

2 comments:

Polly said...

Great Job!!!!

Momyar said...

Cool! I'm still working on mine. I'm printing labels that will have what colors correspond with DMC, GAST, etc.

Thanks!