Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Photo Class Update

Photo classes continue and I'm still having fun. I haven't given up and I really believe I'm taking better pictures from the information I've been taught. I've even put the point and shoot away and have started using the BIG camera - LOL!

In Thursday's class, we learned about aperture. This is probably one of the hardest subjects to learn in photography. The rules are backwards, there's math and it's just one of those "procedures" you learn with practice. Our homework assignment for the weekend was to take photos of a single subject and take the photos changing only the aperture. Other settings, that we have not yet covered in class, were set on our cameras.

I went out Sunday and took these photos of a rose at the local university.....

Aperture: 1.4
Exposure: AV

Aperture: 5.6
Exposure: AV

Aperture: 16
Exposure: AV

These are just a few of the photos I took using a aperture range of 1.4 to 22. See the different effects you get using different aperture settings? Aperture gives you that nice blurred background vs. a sharp image based on the amount of light coming into the camera. Fun!!

Last night's class discussed shutter speed and I'll be back later this week with homework photos.

Enjoy!

No comments: