Friday, September 5, 2008

Memories of Colorado

When I first started blogging, I promised I would post some pictures of our trip to Colorado in May. Well, time has definitely gotten away from me. So, I thought I would start the weekend off with some from our visit to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. This was one AMAZING place! I came away appreciating nature so much more and realizing those so-called "mountains" in Tennessee, are just ant hills! LOL!

This is a view from the visitors center at GOGs. The snow covered mountain in the background is Pikes Peak and it is over 14,000 feet above sea level. We didn't get a chance to go to the top of Pikes Peak, which is probably best because after being at the GOG for about 4 hours, I was getting a little altitude sick.



To give you a perspective on just how tall and big these "red rocks" are, look in the bottom left hand corner and you can see people on the path (by the dark green bush - LOL)



Here's just a few of the pictures that we took. What majestic beauty!





This rock formation is appropriately named "kissing camels"



This is "balancing rock" and as you can see, it's just sitting there all by itself. Of course, it's being helped by my wonderful, strong son. LOL!



I can certainly say, without hesitation, I would have no problem re-locating to this wonderful area. I was in such awe the whole time we were there. I do hope to visit again. There was so much more to see and not enough time. I will try and post some pictures of the Flat Irons soon. These mountains were directly in front of our hotel in Bloomfield (outside of Boulder). And, maybe I can squeeze in a couple of pictures from our visit to the Cave of the Winds too.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Cathy... said...

Gorgeous pics!! Garden of the Gods is my fave place to go in CO.